How To Create A Positive Mental Attitude: 14 WaysOluwaseun Olayisade
Have you ever imagined what would have happened if Steve Jobs or Mark Zuckerberg didn’t have a positive mental attitude? We won’t have Apple and Facebook as we know it.
People will wear you out with their negative opinions. Also there’s a tiny voice in your head that will repeatedly tell you it won’t work. Hence the saying a man’s own enemy is himself.
It’s going to be a battle between you and your mind. How do you win a struggle you didn’t prepare for? A positive mental attitude is your weapon to win this tug of war.
This is why you need to create a positive mental attitude.
As a student I had the idea to open shop selling haircare and beauty products.
Though I was already selling on a smaller scale. But I never opened shop. I chickened out because I mentally beat myself out of it.
I can’t remember if I shared the idea with my friend but over time she opened shop and was successful.
Likewise there were other opportunities that came my way which I talked myself out of. Thence costing me so much.
Eventually I realized the negative thoughts were denying me of openings and I had to overcome it.
To deal with the negativity I had to read books, articles, listen to some recordings and recite affirmations. During my struggle I came across some helpful tips which I’ll share with you.
How To Create A Positive Mental Attitude
- Before anything you need to believe in yourself. Write down all the negative thoughts you have and trash it.
- Picture yourself as a success. If you can see it you can achieve it.
- Speak positively about everything in your life for at least 24hours. About your job, business, health, future etc. Screenshot as many positive affirmation memes you can find and look at them at intervals.
- Repeat step above at least twice a week.
- Feed your mind with positive thoughts. It will knock off the negative thoughts. Counter any negative attitude with positive attitude.
- Move with positive minded people. Weed off the naysayers.
- Consciously avoid arguing with naysayers wherever you find yourself.
- Rid your mind off obstacles you have built over the years.
- Be thankful for everything you have going.
- Find your own path. Don’t copy others
- Exercise alot.
- Relax. Take time off and just chill.
- Be a giver. Bless people and be good to them.
- Choose to be happy. Always consciously choose to be happy when the gloom sets in. Happiness is a decision only you can make for yourself.
- And if you are a person of faith like myself pray and read the good book.
In addition years of negative thinking will not disappear in a day but if you keep at these tips be rest assured you will create a positive mental attitude.
It won’t just help you as an entrepreneur but all facets of life as you know it. Being you a product of your thoughts you need to change your mindset of you and your business.
If this article speaks to you or you have other tips that can help do drop a comment.